It is hot in Miami. Really, really hot. What’s more refreshing than one of America’s favorite cocktails, a Margarita!
Well, Friday is the day to celebrate, it’s National Tequila Day! And Miami is not skipping a beat to feed your agave soul. Before we jump into events, let’s get the facts.
Here’s a quick lesson:
- Tequila can only be made in 5 states in Mexico and Mexico only. Those include: Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacan, Tamaulipas and Guanajuato.
- Tequila can be split into two types: 100% agave (comprised of all agave) and tequila mixto (which is at least 51% agave and the remainder is made up of other sugars). Here in Spirited Miami, we prefer the 100% agave for a pure, superior quality.
- Within the 100% agave category, it is split by Blanco (aged up to two months), Reposado (aged up to 11 months), Añejo (aged at least for one year) and Extra Añejo (aged more than 3 years).
And here are some bars where you can enjoy National Tequila Day:
To celebrate National Tequila Day (July 24th), DeLeón Tequila has partnered with our dear friend and barman, Richie Petronzi from the Regent Cocktail Club, to a cocktail inspired by tequila itself. This cocktail is part of DeLeón’s newest initiative, the #NextLevelOrder program and is featured as a secret “off-the-menu” cocktail, available only to those “in the know” for a limited time.
“Cobbleone” is a delcious tipple created by Richie Petronzi drawing inspiration from DeLeón Platinum Tequila. For those that don’t know, DeLeón Platinum, is made from 100% Highland Blue Weber agave, and is twice-distilled.
Menin Hospitality South Beach Bar Crawl:
Yes, there will be a National Tequila Day bar crawl. Menin Hospitality has got you covered with Bodega Taqueria y Tequila, Radio Bar and Red Ginger. Bodega, will be featuring the Mexican French Kiss, Maestro Dobel, St. Germain, Yellow Chartreuse, basil, agave, lime, served up in a chilled coupe with a sugar rim. Local SoFi cocktail bar, Radio Bar, will be serving the Chile de Jalisco, Dobel Tequila, Ancho Reyes, Cynar, strawberry, lime, ginger beer. And the newly opened Red Ginger (next door to Radio) has the Up and Up, Serrano infused Milagro, Giffard Pamplemousse, raspberry agave syrup, lime, sage, coffee beans.
Touche Restaurant and Rooftop in Downtown Miami will be creating the Rooftop Spice: tequila, lime juice, agave, muddled jalapeño and raspberry, and garnished with jalapeño and raspberry. Starting at 7pm.
Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar:
WHAT: Tequila connoisseur and bar-top-dancing owner, Rocco Mangel, is getting ready to celebrate one of his favorite holidays – National Tequila Day! On Friday, July 24th, all four South Florida locations will be welcoming guests to dive into their famous Tequila Bible featuring more than 330 varieties of Anejo, Reposado, Plata, Mezcal and Oro. Tequila fans can pair their drinks with signature menu items such as the Jalapeno Rellenos, Enchiladas Mole Poblando, and of course tacos while celebrating with friends in Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach or Palm Beach Gardens.
· Fort Lauderdale – 1313 East Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL | 954.524.9550
· Boca Raton – 5250 Town Center Circle, Boca Raton, FL | 561.416.2131
· West Palm Beach –224 Clematis Street, West Palm Beach, FL | 561.650.100
· Palm Beach Gardens – 5090 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens, FL | 561.429.4758
Sounds like it’s going to be an agave-filled Friday! Enjoy responsibly!